June 1, 2020
In an effort to preserve the appearance of our HOA community and keep property values at their highest, the DVFPs Board of Directors voted unanimously to paint all metal view fences and stucco walls. This project is planned to begin September 8, 2020.
In December, 2019, the Board contracted a firm to walk the entire property and develop a detailed assessment of the wall repairs as well as the details needed to prepare an accurate scope of work. The Request for Quote (RFQ) to address the scope of work was submitted to four (4) experienced and recommended paint contractors. The bid review process included assessments of both price and professionalism in terms of presentation and scope of work to be performed for all 178 homes. After a thorough review, negotiations and following up with various references, Evolution Construction Services was selected because their presentation, depth of knowledge and step-by-step time line were considered excellent by the Board.
As in any HOA, there will be responsibilities for Homeowners as well as the Board. A list of the respective responsibilities is shown below. Please read them carefully.
- The Board will pay for and submit a blanket request to ARC to approve the paint project for all 178 homes, which includes approval for all metal view fences. The Board will manage weekly update notices by email to Homeowners as well as the placement of door tags as an additional means to give Homeowners 48 hour notice on the exact painting date.
- The Board is responsible for having Desert Foothills Landscape clear the 5’ firewall on all 178 properties prior to July 1, 2020.
- The Board voted to have all four sides of the metal view fence painted and paid for out of our Reserve Fund.
- The Board has authorized the project scope to include METAL VIEW FENCES; repair, prime and paint all metal view fences both visible and not visible from the street. All metal view fences will be scraped or wire brushed to remove rust and prepare it for priming and painting. Missing plastic fence caps will also be replaced.
- The Board has authorized the project scope to include MASONRY WALLS; required scraping, patch, sand, re-stucco as needed, prime and paint walls that are visible from the street. Walls not visible from the street will be scraped as needed to secure a good base and painted.
- The Board’s goal is to make this project easy and efficient for all Homeowners is our plan of action. Your cooperation is also a key in the success of this project. We are here to answer your questions and help you through this process.
- All vegetation and attachments (including plants, trees, tree limbs, cacti, vines, lights, wall art, electrical wiring, bird feeders, etc.) must be removed or tied back from the interior of the lot that touches the metal view fence in any manner by August 15, 2020. This is necessary so that the painters can prep and paint the metal view fence on all four (4) sides.
- If you intend to “move or tie back” vegetation rather than “remove” vegetation, please provide a distance of 8 - 12 inches between the vegetation and the metal view fence/wall to allow painters the ability to perform their job.
- When the contract painters are ready to paint the metal view fence, if vegetation is not tied back, the HOA will paint three (3) sides of your metal view fence at that time. Accordingly, you will be responsible for the inside of your view fence and complying with the project RFQ required by December 15, 2020.
- All critter fences and other attachments must be removed and can be reattached, but only on the inside of the metal view fence, once the painting has been completed.
- Slopes, DEC721, by Dunn-Edwards, is the mandatory paint color for all metal view fences.
This project is estimated to take place over a period of three (3) months beginning September 8, 2020. The paint contractor has walked every property and has prepared his plan for the most efficient and effective way to minimize disturbances to our Homeowners. Cooperation by all of us will help to produce a final product that we should all be proud of and one that enhances the esthetic value of our community.
Here is the tentative schedule (and the schedule will be updated weekly once the project starts):
- August 15 – All Homeowners to have all vegetation and attachments removed from the outside walls and metal view fence. Vegetation at metal view fences should not protrude through or extend over the metal view fence. This preparation is needed to complete all repairs and needed prep work.
- September 8 – Contractor to commence repairs, power washing, masonry prep, metal spindle replacement and metal fence priming in Four Peaks II, followed by Desert Views and finally Four Peaks I. This process will take 3-4 weeks to cover all 178 Lots. This work will all be done from the outside of the wall/metal view fence.
- September 28 – Homeowners in Four Peaks II (Lots 1 – 50, see the lot map on the website) to have all vegetation trimmed or tied back 8-12 inches and attachments removed from the inside of the metal view fence to allow painting on all 4 sides.
- October 1 – Painting to commence in Four Peaks II (Lots 1 – 50, see the lot map on the website).
- October 16 – Homeowners in Desert Views (Lots 101 – 190, see the lot map on the website) to have all vegetation trimmed or tied back 8-12 inches and attachments removed from the inside of the metal view fence to allow painting on all 4 sides. Painting is expected to commence around October 20.
- November 12 – Homeowners in Four Peaks I (Lots 201 – 238, see the lot map on the website) to have all vegetation trimmed or tied back 8-12 inches and attachments removed from the inside of the metal view fence to allow painting on all 4 sides. Painting is expected to commence around November 16.
In addition to weekly updates Homeowners will receive a 48 hr. notice by a door tag so the exact date of painting will be known and also so there will be no surprises for the potential of contract workers on the inside of the view fence. This should also be very helpful in knowing when to do any last minute tie-back of vegetation and removal of attachments.
Please refer to the ‘21 Questions’ under Latest News on the DV/FP website Homepage for further details, information and critical requirements on the project. Also, please click on the website ‘CONTACT US’ box to send any questions and comments (www.desertviewsfourpeaks.com).
Additional updates and communications will be provided by email and on the website, www.desertviewfourpeaks.com as the project progresses. Please ensure your email address has been provided to the Property Manager, Janet Bussing, at [email protected] to receive all communications.
DV/FP Board of Directors